Re: MASSIVE degradation of insert using sequence ID's via JDBC on 9i?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:21:12 GMT

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:00:36 +0100, bugbear interested us by writing:

... stuff trimmed
> our test is (sort of). We wanted the test to reflect our
> Application context.
>
> BugBear

Since you did not respond to the question about the book, I assume you have not read it, and are unaware that it provides a lot of info related to programming techniques. It almost seems like you are hitting the wall typical Java and VB programmers run into - things like hard vs soft parse and related performance issues in an ORacle context.

Therefore, you need to determine what is causing the waits ... suggest you start looking at statspack and event tracing, esp. 10046. And check out hotsos.com as well.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com