Re: Oracle 10g imp woes

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:44:29 +0200

Andrew Tyson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some difficulties doing a full import of a database from a
> 10.1.0.2.0 instance running on Win XP to a 10.1.0.2.0 instance running
> on Solaris 10.
>
> The tablespaces have been precreated using the same scripts in each
> case, however during the import I get the following error;
>
> . . importing table "NBI_PRT_FACTS" 3964046 rows imported
> IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1652:

Now if you just care to look up the error:

[oracle9_at_csdb01 oracle9]$ oerr ora 1652
01652, 00000, "unable to extend temp segment by %s in tablespace %s"

// *Cause:  Failed to allocate an extent for temp segment in tablespace.
// *Action: Use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE statement to add one or more
//         files to the tablespace indicated.

> Thereafter all subsequent table/entity creation fails with the following;

Which makes sense in the light of the previous error, no?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel