Re: Oracle 10g imp woes

From: Chris \( Val \) <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:53:38 GMT

"Andrew Tyson" <atyson_at_optus.please.refrain.from.spamming.net> wrote in message news:42be226e$0$14819$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
| Hi,
|
| I am having some difficulties doing a full import of a database from a
| 10.1.0.2.0 instance running on Win XP to a 10.1.0.2.0 instance running
| on Solaris 10.
|
| The tablespaces have been precreated using the same scripts in each
| case, however during the import I get the following error;
|
| . . importing table "NBI_PRT_FACTS" 3964046 rows imported
| IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1652:
| "CREATE INDEX "NBI_PRT_FACTS_N3" ON "NBI_PRT_FACTS" ("PRJ_OBJECT_ID" ,
| "FACT"
| "_DATE" ) PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 262144
| FREELIS"
| "TS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "USERS_SMALL"
| LOGGIN"
| "G"
|
| Thereafter all subsequent table/entity creation fails with the following;
|
| IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
| ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment
|
| This import works fine on Win XP, so clearly there is something that is
| platform specific wrt the import. For what it's worth the export command
| was issued thus;
|
| > exp system/password full=y file=dump.dmp log=dump.log
|
| The corresponding import was ;
|
| > imp system/password full=y file=dump.dmp statistics=safe log=dump.log
|
| The statistics option was set because of warnings that were generated
| during the export.
|
| I would appreciate any pointers that anyone might have.

I am no expert (still learning), but I have experienced the same or similar errors in the past.

  1. If you exported the data as DBA, then import it as DBA or ensure you have the "IMP_FULL_DATABASE" privilege.
  2. Increasing the tabalespace for the import.

Cheers,
Chris Val Received on Sat Jun 25 2005 - 22:53:38 CDT