Re: Challenge with Oracle 10G without Network on AIX

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:46:21 GMT

"jeff.a.sullivan_at_gmail.com" <jeff.a.sullivan_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1119718430.466366.139100_at_g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Thanks for all the posts. You've given me several things to research
> and try when I get back in the office Monday. I'll watch that alert
> logs you mentioned while starting the database.
>
> I'm fairly confident my environment variables are set correctly as I'm
> able to start/stop the database, client and the listener w/o issues
> when there is network connectivity.

The statement above begs the question, "is the environment correct, when you log on without network connectivity?".

#with network connectivity
env | sort -o /tmp/net.env
#without network conntivity
env | sort -o /tmp/nonet.env
diff /tmp/net.env /tmp/nonet.env > /tmp/env.diff #Post the contents of all three /tmp file back here

You don't know, what you don't know. Received on Sat Jun 25 2005 - 13:46:21 CDT