Re: ARCHIVE LOG every 5 minut

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:12:10 +0200

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:11:24 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>DBAdmin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have strange situation. My Oracle generate exactly every 5 minutes
>> archive file. I don't know why exactly every 5 min. he create *.arc file
>> and always this files have 100MB.
>> What to check? What is wrong?
>>
>> thanks
>> Paul
>A version would be helpful.
>8i and 9i have something like a timeout; either you have
>set that to a very low value (causing the switches/archive logging
>to occur) or you have something else, which we do not know about.
>
>If your archived redo logs are different in size, you may experience
>the timeout. Check your parameters!

IMO, it is not unlikely at all high redolog volume is really that high. In our shop 100Mb online redologs for non-Oracle apps are relatively rare. Most of these applications commit every individual record, so you can guess what that means for redolog. 250M or 500M online redolog is not unusual.
This looks like a typical case for logminer to me.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA