Re: Extracting Data from a Corrupt Table using ROWID scans

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:20:56 GMT

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:57:17 -0700, deebeeay_at_gmail.com wrote:

> ERROR:
> ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # 13, block # 742071)
> ORA-01110: data file 13: '/oracle.data'

You have corrupted blocks in your database. If the block in question is an index block, the solution is simple: re-create index. If it isn't, I hope that you have a good backup. Your version is pre-RMAN (8.0.6) so, may the force be with you. Hopefully, you still have Rama Velpuri's "copper" book lying around.
Furthermore, your hints will not do you much good when querying by rowid. May be you should try with the HASH_AJ hint?

--
You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than
you can with just a kind word.  (Al Kapone)