Re: Is my database OK?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:53:01 GMT

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:41:14 -0700, Andreas Sheriff interested us by writing:

> And restore/recover any datafiles that were damaged.
>
> I've never tried it, but I can't see why it wouldn't work on an online
> database.
> I've only put tablespaces in backup mode to backup datafiles manually.
> Same principle.
>
> Any thoughts?

From Metalink Note 35512.1 (re: dbv for 7.3- 8.1)

        DBV can be run against datafiles which are currently opened by a
        database instance - there is no need to shutdown the database.
        Datafiles are opened read-only by DBV so it cannot corrupt
        the contents.

--
Hans Forbrich
Canada-wide Oracle training and consulting mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com