AIX 5L Ora 10g library env vars question

From: <pete_usenet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Jun 2005 16:00:30 -0700

I notice that on my new pSeries AIX 5L/5.2 box that there are no library environment variables defined by default.

The vars I'm talking about are LIBPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. If I login as oracle (or even root) those env vars are undefined.

I'm guessing that reasonable values for them would be: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:/usr/lib export LIB_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:/usr/lib

Any suggestions here?

I'm sure that there will be programs that need to know where the .so and .a files are located, no?

Thanks,
Pete Received on Fri Jun 24 2005 - 18:00:30 CDT