Re: Help:RAC implemention of archived redo logs

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:12:11 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Your apodictical statement, assuming everyone is running on the latest
> technology, are getting more and more annoying and irritating.
> Just rest assured, the world != Daniel Morgan.
> BTW, have you ever been outside the US? You sound like some of the
> arrogant Americans I have met, dictating non-Americans how to do their
> work, ignoring the non-American situation.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Come on Sybrand you can't have it both ways.

I will acknowledge that everyone is not running on the latest technology and you should acknowledge that not everyone is running on Jurassic technology because their employers/customers are too cheap or short-sighted to upgrade. Fair?

That said please note that I specifically named NFS version 3. That was a clear statement that it was different from previous versions. So have a Chimay and know that you've made this point before and I understand it. However understanding it will not make me advocate old features that, in this country and Japan, are incapable of meeting the requirements of the law.

And speaking of Japan for a minute ... recently a major commercial bank in Japan lost its banking license due to the loss of data. Simple as that ... lost data ... lost business license. That is quite an incentive to upgrade to 10g, RAC and DataGuard as fast as possible and with any luck I will be in Tokyo next month for reasons not unrelated.

So yes Sybrand you are correct. But your experience in your country is not my experience here on the Pacific Rim. I respect yours position and ask that you respect mine: They are different.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org