Re: Help:RAC implemention of archived redo logs

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:11:08 -0700

Dave wrote:

> "NewGuyOnRAC" <joebayerii(delete)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>We are trying to install RAC.
>>
>>I have one question, should I put archived redo logs on local drive and
>>use NFS to allow other nodes to access them, or should I put all the
>>archived redo logs of different nodes on single OCFS directory?
>>
>>Any difference in terms of performance?
>>
>>Your help is highly appreciated.
>>

> nfs for redo logs? ugh no way
>
> nfs for anything rac no way

Come on Dave get with NFS v3.

Oracle is using NFS for RAC.
I do 90% of my RAC installs with NFS mount. It is safe.
It is stable.
It is certified.

The fact that previous versions were not is not a valid reason to paint a technology with such a broad brush. Technology changes and your advice needs to too.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org