Re: How to translate UML Class Diagram into Database Design ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:28:44 -0700

xtanto_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> So I might have posted to the wrong ng..
>
> Are there any OO guys here... please.. help me with your approach..
> what to do with the database after the classes are well designed..
>
> Thanks,
> Krist

There are. But quite frankly you just don't belong anywhere near mucking around in the database. Really! The worst schema designs I have ever seen have been created by some of the most competent OO developers.

Your front-end is reasonably irrelevant to what should be created: See my posting on the subject.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org