SQL Query help needed

From: <surenm_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Jun 2005 07:01:00 -0700

I have the following two tables (AA & BB) that I need to use to populate a third table (CC)

Table AA
item_code type rel_code

1_01        1
1_02        1
1_03        1
1_04        1
1_05        1
1_06        1
2_01        2      abc
2_02        2      bcd
2_03        2      cde

Table BB
rel_code item_code

abc         1_01
abc         1_02
abc         1_04
abc         1_06
bcd         1_02
bcd         1_05
bcd         1_06
cde         1_02
cde         1_04

>From these tables, I need to populate the third table
Table CC
item_code_1 item_code_2 priority
1_01 2_01 1

1_02          2_01           1
1_02          2_02           2
1_02          2_03           3

1_04          2_01           1
1_04          2_03           2

1_05          2_02           1

1_06          2_01           1
1_06          2_02           2

Note that the priority field in table CC is a counter

I got the select working that gives me item_code_1 and item_code_2 but I don't know how to set the
priority field (counter) in the SQL.

Any help will be appreciated. Received on Fri Jun 24 2005 - 09:01:00 CDT