Client side vulnerabilities (Buffer Overflow)

From: David ROBERT <castlebbs_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Jun 2005 05:04:02 -0700

Hello,

I'm interested in Oracle security.
I've seen the Oracle alerts on the oracle website. A lot of the highly critical advisories are about database server itself or the underlying operating system command execution.

I'm actually looking about securing an application where :
- I cannot trust in the Oracle Database server (the listener could be
replaced by a malicious program).
- The clients applications needs to be secure. The clients connects the
database using SQL*Net. Clients are binaries linked : libwtc8.sl, libnjni8.sl
libwtc8.sl,libclntsh.sl.8.0

I haven't seen in the oracle risk matrix the case where a malicious listener could exploit a buffer overflow in oracle client libraries.

Do you know about this risk ? Has Oracle released some advisories about that ?

--
David ROBERT
http://www.ombrepixel.com/drobert/