Re: How to translate UML Class Diagram into Database Design ?

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 23 Jun 2005 23:29:18 -0700

xtanto_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Then I should create Database design for persistence storage, how the
> database design should be to support my application ?

Oh yeah.. neglected to add. APPLICATIONS MEANS JACK NOTHING WITHOUT DATA. The user does not care about Excel. He cares about the data in his spreadsheet. He does not care about Word. He cares about the contents of the document. The user does not care about your application. He cares about the data behind it.

Applications come and go. Here today. Legacy tomorrow. Gone next week. The core is DATA. Data is forever. Data is the reason for the existance of applications, databases.. the whole damn IS industry.

So designing the database to support an application? BULLSHIT!

Applications are there to support data. Information Technology 101.

--
Billy