Re: a heated discussion between Development Team & "a" DBA: reorg or not to reog

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:42:51 -0700

"ibodogan" <idogan_tech_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1119558723.729781.227840_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> this is the only server I have this kind of problem with the
> development team.. I'm pretty happy with all other servers.. This is a
> Fortune-50 company i'm working for so i don't wanna burn down the
> forest for a rabbit :)
>
> i.d.

Clearly you have a good grasp of Oracle and what you are doing. You might point out that you have explained to them the problem, and root cause. You are the DBA and your job description means you do Database Administration. Their jobs are developers which means they develop. You aren't going and fixing their code nor asking them to justify how they did X. Tell them to back off boogaloo. I wouldn't ask their permission to convert to LMT's that is your call not theirs. Just as you don't ask them to get your input on what sorting method they use in code.
Jim Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 19:42:51 CDT