Re: Could 10g RMAN's catalog DB talk to different version

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2005 15:17:55 -0700

dominica_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> Thanks a lot.
> You always help me and help other in the newsgroup.
> It is very nice of you.
> Actually, reading the newsgroup is very good to learn a lot of
> different things.
> Since a lot of time, certain situation and scenario is not happen on my
> own
> production db. So nice to hear what happen to others and see how they
> solve those problems.

Personally, I get way more out of these things (usenet and some boards)than I put in. And consequently, so do companies who use me.

> You are very GOOD (technically).

Flattery will get you everywhere :)

> Yeah, I have been trying very hard to learn 10g now.
> Since I have not worked as ORACLE production DBA for 2 years and
> a few months (some family thing).

So you are a lady? I've been wondering since someone referred to you as "he." I usually think a name ending in a is feminine, but one can never tell with all the various naming conventions in the world, and of course I've been assigned email addresses like "joelga".

> I just start working again in a pretty cool place(cool site, very high
> traffic though).

I'm envious :)

jg

--