Re: An SQL Challenge...

From: AK <AK_TIREDOFSPAM_at_hotmail.COM>
Date: 23 Jun 2005 14:51:49 -0700

Mike,

it wasn't clear from your original post that you needed an update statement, so i did not provide it.

BTW, while merge is the usual way to do such updates, I just wanted to reconsider if I could update an inline view instead. (I'm using 9i.) I wrapped the expression used in the with clause of the merge in a view, and I created a PK constraint on the view. Yet I wasn't able to have the optimizer recognize the PK constraint on the view. Still not key preserved. Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 16:51:49 CDT