Re: An SQL Challenge...

From: <mike.jones_at_xenicom.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2005 11:01:04 -0700

Nice. Very Nice.

I must admit that I thought it was harder to order than that, but on closer inspection I am clearly wrong. I had tried to get my SQL that calculated the correct sequence to update the table via an updatable join view but Oracle wouldn't play ball (data manipulation not allowed on this view), no idea why I didn't consider a merge, I must have been having a senior moment.

Well mucho thanks for a correct solution, not sure if it can be beat to any noticable improvement in terms of resource usage and elapsed time.

Kudos to SQL ,Mr Lewis and Alexander, for what it's worth the C++ guy has refined his response time to 3 minutes, the Java guys have yet to post a response time, perhaps it is too easy for them ;)

Mike. Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 13:01:04 CDT