Re: 9i instance automatic-startup does not work with windows-domain

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 23 Jun 2005 08:12:47 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Martin T. wrote:
> > Frank van Bortel wrote:
> >
> >>Take a look at your Local Groups, in particular
> >>OraDBA, and see which accounts are members of it.
> >>Add domain or local administrator (which ever is
> >>missing).
> >>

> > Local admin is member of the ORA_DBA group (this is the only member)
> >
> > Note that our OracleServiceSID is running under local System ... is
> > this something that is not recommended or that could create known
> > problems?
> >

> Add your Domain admin to the ORADBA group - that account is checked
> when there's a "connect / as sysdba". Which is, I think, what happens
> when the database needs to be mounted and opened.
>
> Alternatively, use a 'login as', instead of the system account, and
> log on as local administrator

Thanks - we'll try these too.

Actually we thought it was something to do with the ActiveDirectory domain there, since it hasn't happened at other sites where they have NT-domains. But after removing & adding the PC from the ActiveDirectory domain it actually seems to work now ...

Whatever. If we actually find out what caused the problems I'll let you all known.

thanks,
best regards,
Martin Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 10:12:47 CDT