Re: OEM/Table Editor seems to be caching data?

From: ohaya <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:02:43 -0400

Matthias Hoys wrote:

> "ohaya" <ohaya_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:42B9E4A7.608DCDA9_at_cox.net...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using OEM with Oracle 9i (9.2) on Windows, and I've noticed that
> > when I viewing the contents of a table (Table Editor), that when I
> > refresh, it is not showing the most current data. It doesn't show the
> > current data even if I disconnect and re-connect in OEM.
> >
> > Is this normal behavior for the Table Editor? Is there any way to get
> > it to show the current data in a table I've viewing?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
>
> I never noticed this (I'm using OEM 9.2 too). Maybe you have two sessions
> and you didn't COMMIT the changes in one of them ?

Matthias,

THANKS!! I was using a procedure to update data in the table, and there wasn't a COMMIT in that. Once I added the COMMIT, the changes starting being visible in OEM.

However, I still have a question: Before I put the COMMIT into the procedure, the changes would appear/be visible if I did a SELECT in SQLPlus, even though they weren't showing up in OEM. Were the changes visible in SQLPlus because I had done the SELECT in the same SQLPlus 'session' that I had used to 'exec' the procedure?

Jim Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 08:02:43 CDT