Re: how to revoke access to sys.aud$ in 10G

From: camnewyork <cmercer_at_vibrant-1.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2005 05:17:55 -0700

I tried that and the database started producing errors. I could not login and anyone but "/ as sysdba". Multiple packages and triggers went invalid. In order to get the database back up and running I needed to "grant select any dictionary" back to public then recompile.

SQL> revoke SELECT ANY DICTIONARY from public;

Revoke succeeded.

SQL> conn carl/carl
ERROR:
ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO

SQL> conn / as sysdba

SQL> grant select any dictionary to public;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> conn carl/carl
ERROR:
ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO

SQL> drop user carl;
drop user carl
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

SQL> alter package standard compile;

Package altered.

SQL> conn carl/carl
Connected.

So far I have had to recompile standard (which took 3 minutes so it must have cascaded compiles) and xdb.xdb_pi_trig. The latter was causing an error when a drop was issued. It sure looks like "select any dictionary" is tied into the 10G stucture. If this does not sound right, let me know. I did not think that select any database would be a required system privilage which is why I revoked it. I am still fixing the database because of it.

Thanks for the reply.

Carl Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 07:17:55 CDT