Re: ORACLE HAS A BUG

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:15:50 -0700

AK wrote:
> "3 years ago might be a very long time in Oracle years. ", but it
> probably did not materialize in a fast enough OLE DB or reliable enough
> ODP.Net
>
> rewriting a big huge application, switching to PHP just because 2
> software vendors aren't exactly friendly to each other? The management
> would just say the suggestion is a great joke...

Likely because the technologies you have chosen to use are a backwater in Oracle: Sort of like Pro*COBOL. It is there but I can't think of why anyone would use it unless under duress. Keep in mind that Oracle is primarily used for line-of-business applications and these generally run on stable and secure operating systems (*NIX).

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org