Re: Oracle Text: Memory and parallel indexing

From: Server Applications <NoSpam_at_dk.dk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:04:35 +0200

I might have found the answer for question 1. It seems that the memory used is outside the scope of all the memory buffer settings in Oracle. So when I set the buffers to use all the 2G memory available on Windows, the indexing process is unable to allocate the memory it needs (and that I specify that it can take), and a lot of different errors happends.
When minimizing the shared pool and block buffers, so enough memory is available, the indexing runs fine :)

If anyone know the answer to question 2, I would greatly appreciate it.

/David