9i on HP-UX/Tru64

From: SR <stefano_at_despammed.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2005 01:31:54 -0700

Hi all,

I'm planning on installing 9.2.0.6 on a HP-UX/Tru64 server, for testing and self-leaning purposes. So far I have never installed Oracle on platforms other than Win32.

I have no direct access to the box, so I'll have to install it from remote (ssh/telnet). Installation files will be available on the server.

I downloaded the installation guide from Oracle's web site. Does any of you guys have any experience of this platform, and could point me to critical issues or anything I should be aware of? How about installing from remote? Googling for "oracle remote installation" brought up some info about the DISPLAY variable, which I should set to the IP address of the workstation I'm installing from. Anything else?

Thanks for any suggestion

Stefano Received on Wed Jun 22 2005 - 03:31:54 CDT