Re: 9i instance automatic-startup does not work with windows-domain

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 22 Jun 2005 00:11:14 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Take a look at your Local Groups, in particular
> OraDBA, and see which accounts are members of it.
> Add domain or local administrator (which ever is
> missing).

Local admin is member of the ORA_DBA group (this is the only member)

Note that our OracleServiceSID is running under local System ... is this something that is not recommended or that could create known problems?

> Check sqlnet.ora - iirc, it should have the following:
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=NTS
> in order to prevent 'Not enough privileges' with
> remote_login_passwordfile=exclusive

Both settings are there.

thanks,
bestr regards,
Martin Received on Wed Jun 22 2005 - 02:11:14 CDT