Re: Hardware recommedation for redundancy?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:00:11 GMT

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:16:26 -0500, Code Monkee interested us by writing:

> Can anyone recommend HW for running Oracle under Windows NT in a redundant
> configuration? We are currently running in backup mode using transaction
> logs, but would like to switch to a scheme that wouldn't require downtime to
> switch over.

By definition, switch over includes some down time.

If you can not tolerate the switchover downtime, there must be some reason - turn that reason into $/minute and you have a business case to purchase Oracle RAC (if Oracle Database 10g Standard Edition, with it's included, free-of-charge, RAC is not good enough.)

Then base your hardware on the RAC config.

> Is there someplace better to post this?

This is OK. cdo.server would be a bit better.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com