Re: How to test procedure that has OUT params in SQLPlus?

From: ohaya <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:27:53 -0400

ohaya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a procedure called decrypt_inmemory with following
> parameters:
>
> key IN varchar2, data IN varchar2, cleardata OUT varchar2
>
> I was wondering how I can test execute this procedure from within
> SQLPlus?
>
> How do I create a variable to receive the OUT parameter? And, how do I
> display this variable after I test-execute the procedure?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi,

Here's the actual procedure:

CREATE or REPLACE PROCEDURE decrypt_password_inmemory (key_string IN varchar2, encrypted_string IN varchar2, decrypted OUT varchar2) IS

encrypted_raw RAW(128) := UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_RAW(encrypted_string); key_raw RAW(128) := UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_RAW(key_string);

decrypted_raw RAW(128);
decrypted_string VARCHAR2(2048);

BEGIN

 	dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESDecrypt(
                 		input => encrypted_raw,
 				key => key_raw,
 				decrypted_data => decrypted_raw);

	dbms_output.put_line('Decrypted Password is: ' || decrypted_string);
END;
/

Here's what I get when I try to execute it in SQLPlus:

SQL> /
end;
*
ERROR at line 5:

ORA-06550: line 5, column 1:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "END" when expecting one of the
following:

The symbol ";" was substituted for "END" to continue.

Jim Received on Tue Jun 21 2005 - 09:27:53 CDT