32 bit External procedures (DLL) on 64 bit Oracle/Windows 3000

From: <Gorba22_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2005 06:05:21 -0700

Hi

Can an external procedure developed in a 32 bit environment (Win XP, Delphi 5, Oracle 9.2) be deployed in 64 bit environment (Windows 3000 Server Entr. / Oracle 9.2 - both 64 bit)?

I did get the external procedure to work in the 32 bit environment, but when it's deployed in the 64 bit environment i get:

ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Fejl ved indlęsning af eksternt bibliotek

                   <above is in Danish - sorry about that!>
ORA-06522: Unable to load DLL

Now, there seems to be something like a trillion things that can go wrong when you try to get an external procedure to work, so if anybody has the definite answer to 32/64 bit question I'd be delighted.

Tia
Kenneth Received on Tue Jun 21 2005 - 08:05:21 CDT