Re: Performance difference between 2 machines

From: Etunimi Sukunimi <etunimi.sukunimi_at_sonera.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:20:02 GMT

"To use non-standard block sizes, you must configure sub-caches within the buffer cache area of the SGA memory for all of the non-standard block sizes that you intend to use".

I found that line from

     http://www.lc.leidenuniv.nl/awcourse/oracle/server.920/a96521/create.htm#1007712

That looks somewhat nasty (and requires a database shutdown), and as this is a production environment, I don't want to go messing about it any more than necessary.

But I can create a test database on our server with a block size of 16K, and test it there. That should give some comparative data.

G: Mikael