Re: Help: How could I find out whether the server is using Raid 5 or Raid 0+1

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 20 Jun 2005 21:30:42 -0700

joe bayer (no-spam) wrote:

> The SA there told me he is not sure whether the sever is configured to use
> Raid 5 or Raid 1+0, how could I find out?

Bloody lovely, that is!
(Jeez!...)

> It is Linux AS 3.0, he is a disk Array (300G) and a 10 local disks, 146G
> each.

Ask the SA to show you the contents of /var/log/dmesg and look for lines like:

scsi1: scanning virtual channel 0 for logical drives.   Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD 0 RAID5 490G Rev: 411M

and so on. Unfortunately you must be logged on as root, so you'll need to ask the SA.
HTH Received on Mon Jun 20 2005 - 23:30:42 CDT