Re: Been reading a few messages...

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:31:12 -0700

"HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:pan.2005.06.21.02.11.49.94555_at_telus.net...
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:36:14 -0700, Andreas Sheriff interested us by
> writing:
>

> > Damn it, people!
> >
> > The Sun is shining!
> >
> > Why do you all like to cogitate and postulate on the most esoteric and
> > meaningless things?!?!
> > As you have all said before. Oracle is complex enough. Stop arguing
about
> > the minutia of a minute statement!
>
> Has little to do your YOUR statement, and everything to do with 'what
> value is OCP'. The OCP discussion has happened several times - I happen
> to be in the side the sees value in it, in spite of it's flaws, and want
> to see it used 'right'.
>

> > As a matter of fact, saying "Oracle Certified DBA" does not
> > differentiate whether or no one is an OCA, OCP, or OCM. It merely means
> > one is a DBA certified in some respect by Oracle. They could be an
> > entry level DBA, an average DBA, or an expert Oracle guru.
> >

> That is my point.
>
> And together with that, my other point is that saying 'Oracle Certified
> DBA' is worse than useless - it's confusing, especially in light of the
> fact that such certification does not exist. If you are an OCP and want to
> admit it, then state that. I point to David's posts as proof of the
> resulting confusion.
>
> > The truth is that I am OCP certified on both 9i and 10g. I just got
> > them, in fact, but I've been dealing with Oracle for the past 5 years
> > (8i, 9i, and 10g).
>
> Congratulations.
>
> > I am reading the manuals so that my knowledge of Oracle will be
> > complete. There are things in the manual that neither the certification
> > tests nor the certification books teach. I've learned this essential
> > truth because I started out in the computer world as a programmer, and
> > in programming, sometimes code is not what it seems, even though you
> > wrote it that way. It would behoove anyone, certified or no to read
> > these manuals. I know they total 55k+, but that's the life we chose.
>
> My respect for you has shot up several 100 %
>
> > From time to time I make stupid comments like the union thing (never
> > hither to fore to be mentioned again) just to see what other people
> > think. It is my way of picking your brain(s). Don't have a conniption
> > over it!
>
> We all do.
>
> > Go play with your children, already! They miss you.
>
> Actually, this is what I do to get away from them. They are grown up and
> really don't want me playing with them. (They also don't like my other
> hobby.)
>
> > ... That's the last time I post to this newsgroup.
>
> That is indeed sad.
>
> --
> Hans Forbrich
> Canada-wide Oracle training and consulting
> mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com
> *** I no longer assist with top-posted newsgroup queries ***

Satisfied?

Ok... This! This is my last post.
Really...
This affirmation supersedes any similar affirmations in this past.

Oh yeah, I'm now studying for the SQL Server 2000 exam. It makes a cool desktop database! :-D

--

Andreas Sheriff
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

If this is the first email to me,