Re: TNSPING over router with NAT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:01:26 +0200

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:17:00 +0200, Alex <alex_at_solnet.ch> wrote:

>Our Oracle server has the address 192.168.10.60. The remote client is
>on another subnet and sees the Oracle server on the NATed address
>192.168.15.60. The router does not filter ports.

As far as I know NAT renders the use of Connection Manager compulsory. Your problem is the Oracle network stack can't reach the IP address *because of NAT*.

Too bad the Connection Manager only serves this purpose. Just read an article in a Dutch newspaper on the Red Cross vs the Red Half Moon vs, the Red Star of David, and the attempts of the Red Cross to replace those symbols by a neutral one.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA