Re: Help: How could I find out whether the server is using Raid 5 or Raid 0+1

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:32:29 GMT

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:33:13 +0000, joe bayer wrote:

> I was assigned to a new Client site.
>
> The SA there told me he is not sure whether the sever is configured to
> use Raid 5 or Raid 1+0, how could I find out?

Tell your client to publicly execute their SA for being incompetent. He or she should be able to look into the configuration program and verify it. If the client is using RAID hardware and doesn't know how to start/check configuration, your client is in trouble. SA that doesn't know how to handle disks on the machine should not be doing that job.

--
I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.