Re: Been reading a few messages...

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:55:38 GMT

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:52:09 -0700, fitzjarrell interested us by writing:

> Interesting quote from am Oracle Certified DBA ... you're certified,
> yet just absorbing the Performance Tuning Guide. I am confused; was
> this subject matter not covered on your exams? It certainly was when I

Realizing there are several different forms and levels of certification (and not all from Oracle) - to the an OCP for Oracle9i or higher, the 4th exam is exclusively on Performance Tuning. However, the OCA certfication does is not at that level.

Note that OP does not state, or even imply 'Certified Professional' - but he certainly has learned the lesson from marketing. <g>

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com