Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 Undo Management?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2005 10:08:47 -0700

Jackie, you have provided insufficient information in your post.

What specific version of Oracle? I will guess 9.2 something from the connect string

What are the undo tablespace parameters? You imply that it is set to autoextend.

What query are you using to look at size?

What value is undo_retention set to?

How many megabytes of data does the update generate?

Without knowing any specifics I will guess that Oracle extended the undo tablespace to be able to retain the data for the time period specified by undo_retention.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Jun 18 2005 - 12:08:47 CDT