Re: How to know a table is being accessed by other session?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:16:55 -0700

Jack Lee wrote:
> Becasue I want lock a table,when any other session is not accessing
> this tale.

Same question IANAL_VISTA asked: Why?

There are hardly any reasons in Oracle's architecture to lock a table. In fact I can't think of a single time I have written code to do so in the last five years. State the business case as to why you wish to do this. Because your post reads very much like it was written by someone versed in SQL Server that has never read the Oracle Concepts Manual.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org