Re: How to Read Files Located Outside the Oracle Server Using PL/SQL

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 16 Jun 2005 20:22:24 -0700

belda2010_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Note that I should use a pl/sql procedure so I have no chance to
> develop an application outside the Oracle database server.
>
> My comments to your suggestions:
> 2- How I can use HTTP to upload a file from another server using
> pl/sql?

I think the direction Hans is trying to show you is: "use http to get to the data".
See here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96612/u_http.htm#998100 for the package you need to call from PL/SQL. If the file in question can be accessed as a URL from the remote system (it is placed in one of the service firectories of the web server), then in theory you should be able to get it from pl/sql using utl_http. In theory. Received on Thu Jun 16 2005 - 22:22:24 CDT