Re: Schema objects problem.

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 16 Jun 2005 01:18:40 -0700

Shabble wrote:
> Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> Solaris 8.
> ( Yes I know about 9, 10 etc, but these are vendor apps.)

Still no excuse. IMO. :-)

> I have a schema fred who owns a number of objects.
> Something happened and now he isn't able to directly access them?!
> For example table = bob

Make sure that the object BOB refers to FRED.BOB - one can weave interesting scope resolution paths using synonyms and views...

Have a look at USER_OBJECTS in FRED. Have a look at DBA_OBJECTS in SYS. List all the BOBs and see which one is the real one and which one is the uncle.

--
Billy