Re: After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:16:21 -0500

wolfram.hubert_at_web.de wrote:

>Hello,
>
>how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k.
>
>My Oracle Services
>---
>OracleMTSRecoveryService
>OracleOraHome92Agent
>OracleOraHome92ClientCache
>OracleOraHome92HTTPServer
>OracleOraHome92PagingServer
>OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator
>OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent
>OracleOraHome92TNSListener
>OracleServiceTEST
>
>Best Regards
>
>Wolfram Hubert

Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT part of the Default 9.2 database install, it is usually on a separate server and Instance.)

Here is the Error Detail:

VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the Oracle Management Server. Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server.

Cause: The connection to the Oracle Management Server described above failed.

Action: Verify that you have entered the correct host name, and verify the status of the Oracle Management Server.