Re: Uncommitted Data

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:28:05 GMT

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:21:38 -0700, agarwalp interested us by writing:

> Also my main question was "why & what does it have to roll forward,
> even though i have the data on the physical datafile "

Remember that the rollback (or undo) segment is a special purpose table. Changes to the rollback segment get written to the log files as well.

During a transaction, before commit, there are times when the data in transition is NOT in the table's physical data file. At those times, it may exist only in memory and in the log file.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com