Re: Connect fails: ora 12535 on local installation

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:40:02 +0200

On 14 Jun 2005 13:14:30 -0700, alsemgeest_at_it4us.nl wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm having a local 9i installation running on WinXP home.
>I can start and use SQL*Plus. But trying to connect with PL/SQL
>Developer (sort of TOAD) and other tools gives me a 12535.
>
>Now what? Don't have a clue. Could it be something in the tnsnames.ora?
>
>Please help :-(

Question for you: did Oracle certify any version for Win XP *Home*?

The obvious answer is to upgrade your O/S to a version certified by Oracle.
If you don't do that, you are on your own. 12535 is usually firewall, but in this context it can be anything (no, NOT tnsnames.ora)

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA