Re: Oracle Text. Number of hits per document.

From: at\ <_at_>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:12:48 +0200

Michael O'Shea wrote:
> Hi there. From your posted description I believe what you are wanting
> cannot be achieved without a kludge on Oracle 9i. The good news however
> is that in 10g this is a very simple query. I enclose an example script
> trace demonstrating the functionality.
> Regards
> Mike
>
> SQL> SELECT id,
> 2 SCORE(5678) AS "CountOracle"
> 3 FROM tblTest
> 4 WHERE CONTAINS(sentence,'<query><textquery
> grammar="context">Oracle</textquery><score datatype="integer"
> algorithm="count"/></query>',5678)>0;

Thanks for the solution Mike. That looks perfect, I'll have my Oracle 10G database ready by tomorrow.

Just out of interest, how would one go about doing it in 9i. I guess by kludge you mean breaking down the statistical values stored in the $i table... do you have an example of how to do this?

Many Thanks,

Kevin Received on Tue Jun 14 2005 - 02:12:48 CDT