Re: RAC: where is the instance startup script?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:27:49 GMT

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:06:27 -0700, kat interested us by writing:

> The only auto script I can find is S96init.crs in /etc/rc2.d which is a
> soft link to /etc/init.d/init.crs. This script starts up the cssd, crsd
> and evmd daemons. No sure where the auto instance startup script is.
> Any idea?

The regular database startup scripts (that are frequently called in the rc.d set) are dbstart and dbshut. Often placed into /usr/local/bin ... I find these generally have to be edited to meet site requirements.

I'd be leary of autostarting instances at boot time - as a control freak, I want to be sure everything is ready per my personal checklist before starting the instances. However, if you're OK with letting things go their own way, I suggest that dbstart & dbshut be used as a template and modified per the srvctl commands (Appendix B of OracleŽ Real Application Clusters Administrator's Guide from http://docs.oracle.com)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com