Re: Error messages not displayed

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:14:13 GMT

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:06:49 +0000, HansF interested us by writing:

>> ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcldb
>> ORACLE_SID=orcldb/opt/oracle/orcldb

> ORACLE_SID is messed up. Probably should be orcldb. Look in /etc/oratab
> for valid values.

Looks like my edit messed up the SID you sent. Try the oraenv trick anyway.

Another possibility is you have partially installed oracle or attempted to remove some subdirectories. In every case I've encountered this problem, it's pointed back to a bad set of environment variables, a path problem (some mismatch between the tnsping executable and the error files) or occasionally due to a directory-based copy instead of oracle install and not taking everything. (Losing special links when trying to get extra space can also cause this.)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com