Re: Error messages not displayed

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:06:49 GMT

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:57:08 +0200, Thanos interested us by writing:

>> Provide us with the following to help determine the problem more closely:
>> echo $USER
>> set | grep ORA

> [oracle_at_webdev oracle]$ echo $USER
> oracle
> [oracle_at_webdev oracle]$ set | grep ORA
> ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
> ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcldb
> ORACLE_SID=orcldb/opt/oracle/orcldb

ORACLE_SID is messed up. Probably should be orcldb. Look in /etc/oratab for valid values.

> ORA_NLS10=/opt/oracle/orcldb/nls/data
> [oracle_at_webdev oracle]$

If you did the install right, you have a routine: /usr/local/bin/oraenv and you really, really, really want to use that instead of hardcoding your environment variables into your profiles. Run

. oraenv

and enter the the SID at the prompt.

In your profile, replace the hardcoded variables with the following

ORACLE_SID= <<< put the correct sid here ORAENV_ASK=NO
. oraenv

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com