Re: imp/exp - what database?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:21:45 GMT

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:47:29 -0700, Peter interested us by writing:

> I need to exp a database from one server and imp it on another. The

Which operating system? Which Oracle version?

If a *nix, the separation will be done either by appending the service identifier after the username/password, or through the ORACLE_SID environment variable.

If a Windows environment in command line, the separation will be done by the exp following the instance related to the ORACLE_HOME from which the exp is run (assuming only one instance per home). If multiple instances in one OrACLE_HOME, then fall back to the *nix descrption from above.

eg:

  1. exp user/pass_at_service
  2. export ORACLE_SID=abc (or . oraenv <<EOF; abc; EOF ) exp user/pass
  3. (windows) cd C:\oracle\home1\bin (or use %PATH%) exp user/pass
--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com