imp/exp - what database?

From: Peter <pmwood_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2005 08:47:29 -0700

Hi All -

Please excuse what is, no doubt, a stupid question - I'm having to act as DBA for the time being...

I need to exp a database from one server and imp it on another. The originating server hase 2 Oracle instances running on it, each hosting one database. When I run exp, I am required to enter a username and password (+ other info) but at no point is the instance or database required - nor are they commandline options. The same is the case for imp.

The exp completes successfully, but what database have I exported? Both instances have the same username and password.

Thanks
Peter Received on Mon Jun 13 2005 - 10:47:29 CDT