Re: 99% IOWAIT with Oracle RAC 10g (10.1.0.4) on Linux

From: Jeremy <jeremypaulschneider_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2005 07:39:45 -0700

> The ocssd.bin process is the first to enter the 'D' state.....I have
> used 'strace' on both of these processes. When the IOWAIT is high
> (99%), I see delayed pwrite() calls. When the IOWAIT drops back down,
> the same pwrite() calls execute very quickly.

... and if you simply "shutdown immediate" the second instance (but the server is still running, the ASM instance is still running, etc) -- then this does NOT happen and your query executes in 30 seconds again? (or whatever your baseline time is...)

also, if you happen to email those files my way, then could you include the alert log and /var/log/messages? thx...

/j Received on Mon Jun 13 2005 - 09:39:45 CDT