Re: Export / import of a db

From: <DMina_at_laiki.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2005 02:48:35 -0700

Hello again,

Sorry for the slow reply but I would like to thank all of you for the valuable replies you gave me.
I managed to do the import, expect some tables which did not load due to rollback segment insufficient space.
Before starting the import I manually changed the structure of the preproduction database so that it would be the same as the production. I changed also some parameters like sort area size, relo logs, buffers and started the full importing.
It took approximately 11hours! That was to much! What could have been done so that the import would work faster?

Thanks Received on Mon Jun 13 2005 - 04:48:35 CDT