Re: 99% IOWAIT with Oracle RAC 10g (10.1.0.4) on Linux

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2005 00:07:39 -0700

Very frequently - I can cause the problem simply by generating any database I/O. But it also occurrs when both instances are effectively idle.

version of OCFS where an instance would totally hang in a 'D' disk wait

state under certain circumstances.)

OCFS for the cluster files, ASM for the database. I will search metalink for OCFS bugs.

chipsets don't support multiple-login and so only one machine can access the drive at a time.)

Maxtor Onetouch II with the Oxford 911. This was chosen because it handled multiple logons. Received on Mon Jun 13 2005 - 02:07:39 CDT